Recent recommendations or media attention!
What parents say...
Read the blog of Peter te Riele, dutch educational consultant about Crayon Rocks and the possibility of using Crayon Rocks creating a Mind map.
Educare, parenting tip (opvoedtip), by Sacha Grootenboer
8 signs of a poor pencil grip
What teachers say...
- An awesome product for kids working on their fine motor skills. Our son (age 4) had never drawn anything identifiable but started drawing full scenes (spaceships) within minutes of getting Crayon Rocks. I guess he had the pictures in his head; he just needed a crayon that would allow him to let them come out.
Mathew and Erin B., parents
- A nice review at facebook by Tread Lightly Toys
- A nice review by MotorMouthSpeaks
- "Thanks so much for our Crayon Rocks. My son loves them. The size and shape of the crayon means that he has naturally gone from a club grip to tri grip on first use!! Thanks again, Amanda"
What occupational therapists say...
- FANTASTIC PRODUCT!!! Use it with my 3s/4s class and can't say enough good things. Are they -- or will they -- be available in other colors? I am so pro-crayon rocks I can't keep my mouth shut about them!! Thanks!!!
- I love these Crayon Rocks! Children need this ergonomic grip to prepare them for holding crayons, pencils and pens in a position that will enable them to draw and write without cramping their hands. The bad habits formed by early wrongful gripping of drawing and writing tools will rarely be broken as a child grows into using them frequently. Enjoy all these wonderful colors!
Beth B, Clive, IA, Second Grade Teacher and Calligrapher
What kids say...
- I can't imagine any pediatric occupational therapist who would not want to have Crayon Rocks as part of their repertoire for helping students to improve their hand skills. You have created a most helpful tool!
Sue Trautman, MA, OTR/L
- I want to thank you for sending me the sample crayon rocks! We are completely sold on this product. We have told ALL the parents about you guys! We had a preschool class of 4 kids with really terrible grips in June when you sent them to us. We had coloring labs set out on the table, and we replaced the broken crayons with the crayon rocks. EVERY SINGLE ONE of the kids immediately grasped it with a tripod grasp! Since then, all our kids have done well, except for kids with hyperextended thumb IP joints - and we have another trick for that.
Jan McCleskey, MA, OTR, The Handwriting Clinic
- I love them because they are just like silk and I can layer the colors
Suzanne, 10 years
- The crayons are nice to hold and the colors are so nice!
Kiki, age 9
- The crayons are cool and fun to use. They have a lot of colors. I like to use them most for painting in my drawings.
Kelly, 11 years
- They are cool!!!
Roos, age 6